Thursday 28 March 2013

REVISION

Hi guys!

I'm almost done with my first week of the Easter holidays and my revision is underway. It doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I was revising for January modules but these are the last A Level exams!

I have 5 this May/June - 

 - 1 Economics resit and 1 A2 Economics exam
 - 1 History resit and 1 A2 exam and 
 - 1 English Lit exam.

Unfortunately, study leave is not until the end of May and by then I will have already done my resit exams. So I've been sorting out all of my notes for my resits and making new ones for my new exams. I just want to fast-forward to July when they're all over...

Exam timetables never really work for me - I always make one but never fully follow it through. I usually sit down in a morning, do an hour, have a 10 minute break or so (I'm currently on one now!) and then get back to it. Rewards are a good way to stay motivated - an hour of this topic and then I play on Hay Day or Temple Run. Its impossible to sit for hours and stay concentrated... I know some say they wake up at 6am and work solidly until 6pm; this just doesn't work for me. Take breaks and don't burn out! 

Starting revision is always the hardest part and I have to force myself to sit down and start - I think its the thought of it that's so hard! First, I take the syllabus from the exam board (which can be found on their websites) and go through that, making notes on each topic. Then condensing it to revision cards and posters for my walls.

I use revision cards for definitions, diagrams and quotes and also post-it notes which go all round my room and bathroom so I can read it when getting ready in the morning. 

I try to do all past papers, questions and essays that I can find - again, all found online. Although if you are on a more recent A Level course, this may be hard to find. And I try to time myself doing a past paper too.

Good luck to everyone doing exams this summer! And especially to us Year 13's who are doing our last A Level exams!

Clara x

P.S. Update on UCAS - I've already said I've firmed and insured, now its the task of Student Finance and accommodation to sort out! They're on my to-do list for today :)

2 comments:

  1. haha no work for me , and im still going uni you enjoy your hard work woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging!

    I'm a mature student working hard towardsmy Open University exam to get my conditional offer for uni this year... Nice reading from someone in the same boat

    It gets lonely studying on your own without a class!

    Have a productive day!!

    Velvet
    xx

    ReplyDelete